Ozone has been proven as a safe, cost-effective, and efficient method for killing micro-organisms and bacteria. Ozonated water is perfect for ‘Post Harvest Washing’ as it sterilizes the food product and eliminates the risk of microbiological contamination. Delicate fruits in particular benefit from Ozone sanitation because it does not require the vigorous washing associated with other methods.
Our team has designed and developed a commercial dry container system that utilizes an innovative vacuum technology which allows for maximum Ozone penetration into the pores, cracks and crevices of all forms of produce ranging from; fresh fruits, vegetables and meats to prepackaged vent holes of field packed products as well as RPC packed products.
- Use of ozone provides producers, suppliers, and retailers a superior tool to combat pathogen issues than what currently exists in the fresh food system
- Incorporating the use of ozone sanitation shows consumers that food producers and supply chain partners are constantly finding revolutionary methods to improve food safety
- Retailers will be much less vulnerable to recalls as the supply chain is functioning in a proactive manor
- Ozone sanitization provides a substantial competitive advantage due to the increasing industry demand for more thorough food processing and safety protocols
- Effectively, Ozone is a significant part of the solution as produce can only stay clean if the process starts clean